APRIL 17-May 2, 2017
2016 in the Garden
You are invited to step out of your day-to-day life and to be part of an artist’s retreat. This retreat asks you to recognize that the role of the artist is meaningful enough to nurture. Permit your life to revolve around your artist self. On retreat, the days are full, balancing individual studio time, group conversations, and discretionary time for additional work, relaxation or socializing. Several dinners are cooked and shared by the group and additional evenings are kept open for dining out in smaller groups. During studio time, the artists may work alone or near one another, as they prefer. Across the retreat individual conversations will be held as the instructor visits the artist in the field. The surroundings provide magical settings within which the artist may work with the subject and in the style and form that most engages them. Opportunities abound to consider the landscape, architecture, figure, still life or simply the light as a subject. Artists work in many mediums on our retreats including painting, mixed media, drawing, or sculpture. Guided conversations are held on two afternoons (Dialogues with Art) and several evenings after dinner (Artist Vision), where Dowling weaves the community of artists together with elements of story, poetry and the experiences of the day. These conversations may examine issues dealt with by artists such as: experiencing art, learning to talk about each other’s art, our role as artists in our society, accessing and recognizing our vision, special needs we have as artists, and talking about our work with others. years.
Lunching under the Tuscan Sun
Our 15th retreat will be held at a monastery in San Gimignano, a medieval Tuscan village filled with towers and surrounded by rolling hills. The Benedictine Sisters who offer their hospitality have become dear friends during our previous retreats. In San Gimignano, you will find many beautiful places to work outdoors. The monastery offers their private walled olive garden for working as well. Cafés, restaurants and shops are all within a short, if hilly, walk. The views are breathtaking and the light is magical.
Two weeks fees $2500.00*
* Fees do not include airfare estimated at $1100. round trip
- Lodging double occupancy rooms in Monastery, each with a private bathroom
- Continental breakfast, lunch, half of dinners
- Transportation between airport and lodging, upon arrival and departure, available for selected flight only
- two night lodgings in Venice
- day trip to be determined extra $90.00
- $700.00 Non refundable Deposit due: October 15th, 2016
- Flight booked: to be determined
- $1600.00 Balance due: February 15, 2017
- for more info call 617-268-6700 or 617-872-6065
- or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Last two night in Venice
Domestic Retreats at Glastonbury Abby, Hingham
$300 one weekend
$550 two weekends
$800 three weekends
$1000 four weekends
- Individual and group instruction with Lodging double occupancy rooms with single and double beds and shared baths.
- breakfast, lunch,and dinners.
- fees do not include transportation
This program is supported in part by a grant from the Boston Cultural Council, a local agency which is funded by the Massachusetts Cultural Council, administrated by the Mayor’s Office of Arts, Tourism, and Special Events.