Dear Friend of Medicine Wheel
Medicine Wheel has so much to be grateful for, but we are especially grateful because of you!
Because of you over 150 young men and women in early recovery have found an individual and collective voice by creating together at Medicine Wheel using the I am, We create, We Connect model at the core of all of our work
- Because of you over 40 young men and women in Department of Youth Services have been employed and engaged in workforce development.
- Because of you, we were chosen as one of four finalists in a bid for a public cultural space on Fan Pier.
- Because of you, No Man’s Land has a new mural created by John Provenzano and Keely Edwards.
- Because of you 100 friends and neighbors took part in a sit down al fresco dinner the evening of the mural unveiling.
- Because of you we’ve developed a partnership with the Olmstead Center for Landscape Preservation so our youth and theirs can learn from each other.
- Because of you, we have been meeting with Boston Parks and Rec to discuss a way forward to keep No Man’s Land an urban wild in perpetuity.
- Because of you our Hand in Hand program will expand further to eventually reach thousands of youth and police.
- Because of you we hired Susan Krause as our new Director of Development.
- Because of you, we continue to build Our Common Path paved with your hopes, dreams and commemorations of loved ones.
· Because of you we celebrated 27 years of Art and healing on our annual Day without Art/World AIDS Day Vigil. This year we had 20 panels of the AIDS Memorial Quilt and over 900 visual and performance artists created a space that can hold the human condition.
In other words, because of you and your generosity we get to work with some of the most pressing issues of our times including: Addiction, Immigration, Racism, Police Youth Relationships, Stewardship of our Natural World, HIV/AIDS and Human Trafficking.
Every day, your support makes our work possible! Today, we’re launching our 2018 Year-End Campaign. Our goal to continue using art and the act of creating together to build a shared future history where each of us has a voice, where each of us is included, where each of us is listened to and where each of us is loved is simply not possible without you.
Our goal is to match a $50,000 donation by December 31.
Would you be willing to make a special year-end donation of whatever you can afford to help us meet our goal and to discover more opportunities to create together! Every gift goes a long way to ensure our continued work. Your support makes a real, lasting impact in the lives of those we serve.
Thank you for your continued support and friendship.